We are in the USA for partnership building like we do every summer since 2007. As most of you know we spend every summer visiting our major supporting conferences, many churches, and individuals to personally thank and to ask to continue supporting our work in Spain.
It is a pleasure to be a part of this year’s YAC camp, directed by Pastor Chuck Jewell.
Last summer we met him at Keystone Annual conference and the very same night we met, after talking about what he did for the conference, Josh asked if he would come to Spain to help with our first Urban summer camp scheduled for August. He accepted and God opened doors for him and his wife Suzy to be there with us for 10 days teaching our youth leaders and sharing from their many years of camp experience as well as facilitating many of the camp’s activities. Their visit to the Rivas church proved again to our leaders and church members that we (the FMC) are a connectional church and what that means; that people are willing to give of their time and resources to go wherever needed.
This year we get to spend 2 weeks at their summer camp sharing with the youth from Keystone conference. The second week of camp, Eliezer Fernandez will join us all the way from our Fm church in Lanzarote, canary Islands . Eliezer is our youth director in Lanzarote and we are convinced this will be a growing experience for Eli. We get to enjoy this beautiful setting while seeing how God has used Pastor Chuck and his team for many years in youth and camp ministry. Who would have thought all of this would be possible only a short year ago?
From here we continue on to VA, FL., WA and PA again, until our return to Spain mid- August.
- Continued development of partnership building opportunities.
- God’s protection as we travel this summer.
- For Fernando and Liliana as they return to the US after serving eight months in Spain. Pray as they share about the work in Spain, while visiting churches and supporters. They will return to Spain in September.
- For the Church in Rivas, and for Pastor Angel while we are stateside.
Praise God for:
- Godly committed leaders in our Rivas church that have stepped up while we are away.
- New supporters added this month. We are thankful God continues to touch hearts to give financially.
- The opportunity to reach kids in Rivas with an Art Camp this coming September. We are still looking for a few volunteers. Lets us know if you are interested in joining the team.
Would you consider supporting Spain and the FMC church in this country? You can give directly on line:
Or you can send checks to: FMWM, 770 N High School Road, Indianapolis IN 46214. Please include a note designating Spain or The Fajardos.